- FUNDAMENTALS OF CARBON REDUCTION, GHG MANAGEMENT & REPORTING - In House Seminar
AEE Members receive $200 discount on this seminar. Use discount code "SEM200" during checkout. To become an AEE member Click Here.Registering for the seminar does not automatically register you to take the CRM exam. To complete the certification application process ($300 fee) and qualify to sit for the exam, or for more information on CRM certification, CLICK HERE.
This program is a
USGBC's GBCI/CMP program facilitates access to high quality professional development courses to further enrich the knowledge and understanding of green building theory, techniques, and trends for building professionals. Each course is reviewed by third-party-trained reviewers and meets the criteria and guidelines established by the USGBC Professional Development Committee. This course qualifies for GBCI's Credential Maintenance Program (CMP) for LEED® professionals.
The Association of Energy Engineers is a Corporate Member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and an approved EPP.
AIA Learning Units Eligible
This course has been approved by AIA for continuing education credits. The AIA requires that its registered architect members earn 18 Learning Unit (LU) hours of continuing education credit annually (eight hours of which must be related to Health, Safety, and Welfare topics and four of those eight in Sustainable Design) to remain in good standing. Architectural boards in 40 states, 10 Canadian Provinces, and 19 countries have implemented mandatory continuing education (MCE) for re- licensure.
The Association of Energy Engineers is an approved training provider within the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Continuing Education Systems (CES) Registered Provider program.
A THREE-DAY SEMINAR
LOCATION & DATE
This three-day live seminar will not be offered again during the current calendar year. However, you may wish to consider hosting an In- house CRM training course at your own location by contacting 770-279-4391. Or for information about the available online version of the CRM training seminar, CLICK HERE for details.
Seminar participants are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. A block of rooms has been reserved at the hotel where each course will take place. In most cases these rooms are held up to four weeks prior to the seminar date. We therefore recommend that you make your hotel reservations early to assure availability of space, and be sure to reference AEE and the name of this seminar to assure that you receive the appropriate room rate.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
This course is designed to provide the most comprehensive training available in the critical areas of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, carbon reduction and reporting. The focused, fast-paced program is intended both to expand your knowledge in the carbon management field and to serve as a preparatory vehicle for the exam required to achieve AEE's Carbon & GHG Reduction Manager (CRM) certification. AEE's widely respected CRM certification, in conjunction with this training program, were originally launched in 2008. The seminar has now been presented on 4 continents, and the certification has gained broad acceptance both in the U.S. and abroad. The CRM exam and course materials have recently been updated to reflect the very latest in carbon trends, reporting protocols and guidance documents.
Participants in the seminar will learn how to interpret current trends and legal requirements; conduct carbon audit and emission inventories; set up a GHG emissions management program, report carbon emissions in compliance with international standards; complete the emissions verification process; structure financing and marketing to maximize project success, and more.
For those wishing to qualify for the CRM certification, the CRM examination will be administered on the afternoon of Day 3 of each seminar to pre-qualified applicants.
Please Note: In order to qualify to sit for the CRM exam, you must submit your completed CRM application, along with a $300 application fee. For information on obtaining your CRM application form, or for further information on the CRM program, visit www.aeecenter.org/certification/CRM.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is designed to help energy, facility and business professionals become more adept and skillful in identifying and implementing effective carbon reduction strategies. Those who can benefit from this seminar include:
Environmental Engineering Specialist
Corporate Sustainability Manager
Directors of Energy
Energy Service Professionals
VPs of Operations
INTRODUCTION, EXECUTIVE BRIEFING & HIGH-LEVEL STRATEGIES
• Introduction: The Need for Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Management
and Practical Reduction Techniques
– Trends and Data on the Global Challenges We Face (data students can apply)
– History, NEW Regulations and terminology
– Examples of Successful Programs: Profits, Results and Benefits
• Initial Assessment
INTRODUCTION TO CARBON EMISSIONS MANAGEMENT
(WHY you may need to report GHGs)
• Protocols, Strategies and Reference Documents
• Protocol Overview and Terminology
• Carbon Audit and Reporting Process
• Reporting Software / Reporting Formats
• Verification Process
CARBON FOOTPRINT MEASUREMENT & MONITORING
(Practical methods to report GHGs)
• Components of a Carbon and GHG Emissions Audit
• Exact Steps to Setting Up a Carbon and GHG Reduction Program -
Details such as:
– Kyoto's 7 listed greenhouse gases
– Source types and updated GWP factors
– Control vs. equity share approaches
– Base year and adjustments
– ISO 14064 & 14065
– Trading terms
– U.S. EPA's terms/approaches for:
· source and system-based approaches
· demand and supply-side options
• New Emissions Conversion Factors and Where to Find Them
• Reporting Software and Reporting Formats
• GHG Auditing Best Practices
• GHG Conversion Worksheets, Emissions Conversion Exercises
• Inventory Management Planning/Processes
• Class Exercise - Conducting a Complete GHG Emissions Audit
PRACTICAL STRATEGIES & TACTICS TO REDUCE YOUR
CARBON FOOTPRINT AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
• Quick review, Insights from Case Studies
• Proven Tactical Measures to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint and GHG Emissions
– Re-engineer processes to reduce emissions
– Resources for building it "right" (LEED plus more)
– Energy efficiency and management
– Energy procurement and green power
– Renewable and other sustainable technologies
– Tax benefits
– Green janitorial, water & waste management / reuse / recycling
– Green transportation and administrative functions
– Greening your suppliers and distributors
"Debrief" and Discussion of Class Exercise
CARBON CREDITS, GHG TRADING AND NEW REVENUE TACTICS
• Emissions Reduction Projects, RECs, Offsets & Trading Stragegies / Terms
– Wind, solar, methane recovery, green credits, white certificates
– Carbon trading speculation strategies
– Fleet management
– Additional profit-generating strategies
• Creating an On-Going Green Program
FINANCING / SELLING / APPROVING YOUR PROGRAM
• 3 Big Reasons Why Green Projects Fail… and How to Overcome Them
• Financing for Positive Cash Flow
• How to Quantify Benefits & Help Improve Your Organization's "Environmental Image"
• Marketing Tactics to Help Your "Green" Project Get Approved
• Course Review, Wrap Up
• Open Q&A
ERIC A. WOODROOF, Ph.D., C.E.M., is widely recognized both nationally and internationally for helping energy/environmental projects get approved and implemented. His focus is to help clients develop projects which are both profitable and simultaneously beneficial to the environment. He brings to this program over 20 years in energy management, consulting and training, having developed profit improvement strategies at over 400 facilities. His clients have included the U.S. Public Health Service, Ford, GM, Hertz, Visteon, Tulsa International Airport. He has written widely in the field, with emphasis on how to implement cost reduction and environmental projects. Dr. Woodroof is Chairman of AEE's Carbon & GHG Reduction Manager (CRM) program certification board, and a board member for the AEE's Certified Energy Manager (CEM) program since 1999.
Note: Fees shown are for seminar only and apply to continental U.S. courses listed above only. Application for an AEE certification and exam requires a separate fee. Registering for the seminar does not automatically register you to take the associated AEE exam. Are you registering multiple attendees? You may be eligible for Team Discounts up to $100 per attendee (US only) **How to qualify for team discounts.
Note: Below are standard seminar hours. Please refer to your registration confirmation letter to confirm actual seminar hours for the program for which you have registered.
Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:15 am
Seminar Hours Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Seminar Hours Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Seminar Hours Day 3: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Exam on the afternoon of day 3, beginning at 1:00 pm
(separate pre-application required to sit for exam)
For assistance or questions pertaining to your seminar registration, please contact the registrar directly during the hours of 10:00 am -5:00 pm (eastern time U.S.) at (770) 279-4391, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org