Renewable Energy Hot Topics - Online Seminar
AEE Members receive $50 discount on this seminar. Use discount code "SEM50" during checkout. To become an AEE member Click Here.
NOTE: Seminar fees listed are per person for a single audio and video connection for individual use, and may not be shared with other users. All participants must individually pre-register for the desired course in order to participate. If you would like pricing information on multiple registrations for the same seminar, please contact: Seminar Registration, phone 770-925-9633, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminar
This course earns .8 CEUs, 8 PDHs and 1.6 AEE Credits toward Re-certification.
This seminar caters to Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers and other Professionals who are interested in enhancing their understanding of renewable energy, and would like to learn about principles, practicality and potential of some of the leading methods and sources of renewable energy. The seminar begins with a brief introduction of the basics of energy and power. This seminar addresses the current footprint and relative cost differences between some of the major renewable energy systems and sources. Some of cutting edge and yet unproven renewable energy systems are introduced. The discussion on the topic of renewable energy is premised on diagrams, schematics and pictures pertaining to major renewable energy systems.
You can participate in the seminar from your office, home, or anywhere you have access to the internet and a phone or VOIP. You'll have opportunities to interact with your instructor and colleagues in real-time during the four live teleconferencing sessions, as well as in the time between sessions.
- Energy Basics and its various forms; energy facts and statistics
- Established and proven renewable energy systems; including: Hydroelectric Power, Tidal Power, Wave Power, Geothermal Power, Solar Heat and Solar PV Power, Biomass Power, Wind Energy, Piezoelectric Power,
- Feasibility and cost aspects of various renewable energy systems
- Advantages, disadvantages, strengths and weaknesses of various renewable energy systems
- Cutting edge, experimental and relatively unknown renewable energy systems
- Financial justification and implementation of energy projects
- Get refreshed on energy basics, energy facts and statistics.
- Learn about the value of direct application of renewable energy sources to the point of use.
- Get introduced to major renewable energy technologies and explore the physics principles behind those technologies.
- Learn about cost differences, cost trends and cost history of the major renewable energy technologies.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of major renewable energy technologies like: hydroelectric, tidal, wave, wind, geothermal, solar heat, solar light, solar PV, solar chimney and biomass.
- Get updated on some of the major, more recent, notable renewable projects in the world.
- Learn about some of the more unbiased and reliable information sources in the renewable energy arena. This is to stay abreast of progress in the renewable energy realm.
Dates and Times
Presented online in a series of two live three-hour time modules and one 2 hour module, for a total of 8 hours of instruction. The course is scheduled for:
Daily session times shown opposite:
Completion of all three modules is required to receive CEU and PDH Credit, and Course Certificate awarded by AEE.
- Energy Fact
- Energy Basics Electricity Basics
- Electrical Bill Calculation and Load Factor
- Overview of Renewable Energy TechnologiesHydroelectric Power
- Tidal Energy
- Wind Energy
- Geothermal Energy Technology
- Solar Technologies
- Solar Heating
- Solar Heat – Renewable Electrical Energy Technologies
- Photovoltaic Renewable Energy
- Major Solar Energy Projects – Domestic and International
- Biomass Renewable Energy Technologies
- Emerging Renewable Energy Technologies
- Financial Justification and Implementation of Energy Projects
- Renewable Energy Information Sources
Your Realtime Program Instructors
BOBBY RAUF, PE, CEM, MBA, currently serves as president, chief consultant and senior instructor at Sem-Train, LLC. He brings to this program more than 25 years’ hands-on experience in a broad spectrum of areas within large industrial plant engineering and plant maintenance departments, including electrical, controls, energy and mechanical projects. Mr. Rauf previously served as senior staff engineer at PPG industries, Inc., and has also served as adjunct professor at Gardner-Webb University since 1989, where he has instructed classes in both the B.A. and M.B.A. programs. His teaching experience also includes conducting professional development courses at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He holds a process controls-related patent.
Course Materials and Advance Preparations
The seminar fee covers registration for all modules, seminar workbook (downloadable PDF format), course certificate, and teleconferencing services, including domestic phone charges. (International calls will have non-tollfree access.) Payment in full must be received prior to the start date of the seminar.
You will receive instructions, personal support, and a chance to test your teleconferencing connection in advance of the first session.
Enrollment in this realtime online seminar will be limited to 40 participants to ensure that each student has ample opportunity for interaction with instructors and other participants.
Who Should Participate
This seminar is designed for energy professionals working in the following fields:
- Energy Engineering
- Energy Management
- Plant & Facility Management
- Energy Planning
- Energy Services
- Energy Procurement
- Building Administration
- Property Ownership
- Project Management
- Financial Management
- Utility Management
- Mechanical, Electrical & Process Engineering
For registration questions or assistance, call or email...
Terese Lavallee: (770) 925-9633