Global Facilities and Energy Manager
Date posted: Friday, May 04, 2018
Global Facilities & Energy Manager (Deland, FL, New Port Richey, FL or Timonium, MD)
The Global Facilities & Energy Manager is responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and direction to ensure successful planning and implementation of facility related programs for Pall. The Global Facilities & Energy Manager develops, drives, and tracks cost reduction initiatives within scope such as Utilities, Waste Streams, Maintenance/repair & indirect services and supplies. The Global Facilities & Energy Manager works with site leadership teams to ensure that planning, programming and justification, including the evaluation and development of the plant’s facilities plan aligns with Pall’s business goals and objectives (including energy management and environmental sustainability programs). Provides leadership and coordinates with multiple stakeholders and departments within Pall as well as external stakeholders, outside agencies, and vendors to meet daily management and strategic goals and targets using Danaher Business System (DBS) tools.
This critical global role reports to the Sr. Director, Global EHS & Facilities and will maintain a matrix reporting relationship with, and provide leadership, development guidance, and mentoring for all site based Pall facilities and energy management professionals. This role requires significant travel and time at Gemba and can be based at Pall manufacturing locations in the Orlando, Florida, Tampa Bay, Florida or Baltimore, Maryland metropolitan areas.
- Leverages the Danaher Business System (DBS) through a disciplined approach to develop & implement global energy management processes to improve environmental sustainability and optimize costs associated with energy, utilities, and waste disposal.
- Manages the global facilities & energy kaizen and project funnel, KPI bowler charts, and Daily Management tools.
- Provide advice to optimize cost and service levels related to utilities, plant maintenance, security, grounds management, janitorial, vendor management, expense management, and technical project management to maintain and improve facility infrastructure efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Develops and execute facilities and environmental sustainability strategies for global operations and significant commercial sites.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) regarding building, energy management, and environmental sustainability systems.
- Builds and maintains a strong relationship with the facilities team, business partners, and stakeholders to ensure goals are met and ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assists with the identification, prioritization, and justification of facility capital projects related to energy and waste management & facility systems upgrades.
- Identifies and supports winning federal, state and city incentives to drive fiscally-positive facilities initiatives.
- Collaborates with other Danaher OpCo energy and environmental sustainability stakeholders and SME’s to benchmark what “good” looks like, learns and communicate best practices, and encourages development of standard work to ensure effective daily management of facilities KPI bowlers.
- Advises, coaches and supports facilities and EHS management teams in identifying, scoping and implementing energy savings and sustainability improvements using DBS tools and kaizen and development of a strong and talented global facilities organization.
- Actively participates in and contributes to energy & sustainability strategic conference calls, local energy management council meetings, and Danaher facilities steering committee discussions.
- Coordinates global facilities and energy management data collection and executes analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and facilitates environmental sustainability communication and reporting.
- Develop a company-wide training and communication plan regarding facilities activities.
- Work with customer service to coordinate message and communication to customers and other interested parties regarding Pall facilities and environmental sustainability projects and activities.
- Supports integration of engineering, facility management, EHS, and strategic sourcing through special projects as assigned.
- Manages facilities kaizen funnel and ensures facilities aspects are considered and integrated into new product development phase gating and process transfer project plans.
- Up to 50% global travel
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental management, facilities management, or related science.
- 5+ years' experience managing energy and water reduction, recycling, reuse, and waste management projects.
- 3+ years' experience driving projects and managing data using lean and six sigma tools such as problem solving, value stream mapping, variation reduction techniques, and kaizen.
- 5+ years' in operational / facility management / energy management role for multiple, diverse, manufacturing locations.
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or environmental management.
- Experience in industrial, micro-electronics, life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical manufacturing environments.
- Experience communicating with and presenting information to all levels of management from site level Facilities Manager to Vice President of Operations.
- Strong technical knowledge of HVAC, water, electricity, machine control, EMS/BMS, preventive maintenance, energy & sustainability, and building management applications and systems.
- Strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as individual contributor, and in teams in fast paced, stretch goal environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and negotiation skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES (one or more equivalent)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
- Master Black Belt, 6 Sigma, Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping, LEAN OpEx
Pall is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aerospace & Defense
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
Facilities Planning & Design
Gregory Murray, Sr. Recruiter
20 Walkup Drive
Westborough MA 01581
Apply for this job