Associate Director of Engineer
Date posted: Friday, April 27, 2018
Supervises the day to day operations of the Energy Engineering team, and is responsible for project scoping, implementation, staff utilization, business development and department planning.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage engineering team, including hiring, firing, evaluation, and mentoring of staff.
- Ensure energy audits at client facilities are performed properly using appropriate analyses, simulations, measurements and verifications.
- Develop and recommend energy conservation measures for clients and agencies.
- Guide team in deciding on technical approach ensuring technical quality, tracking and ensuring customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Support the professional development of engineering staff, providing opportunities to learn and apply new tools and techniques.
- Coordinate with CSE managers to ensure that engineering staff resources are incorporated into existing and new projects and programs.
- Provide guidance, supervision, and quality control on engineering work products.
- Manage department budget and regularly monitor actual expenses versus budgeted amounts. Communicate significant budget variances to executive management. Recommend budget revisions and/or changes to department activities that keep expenses within budget and staff utilization rates on target.
- Track engineering team utilization, including project distribution and billable labor targets.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Role Specific Responsibilities:
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage technical staff working on multiple projects, in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Collaborative management style that empowers staff and facilitates professional growth.
- Entrepreneurial nature and willingness to develop and pitch new projects and concepts
- Working knowledge of project management principles, negotiating, executing and managing grant agreements and government contracts.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to conduct energy audits on a variety of buildings ranging from simple residential to complex commercial and industrial buildings
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in building energy analysis through computer modeling techniques
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of building energy computer simulation tools such as: EQUEST, EnergyPro, and SPC
- Detail-oriented; should possess problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within deadlines
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Mastery of MS Office, particularly Excel, including advanced formulas and functions
- Experience and knowledge of DOE2.2 and EnergyPlus
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD REVIT
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Utility Incentive programs
- Knowledge and understanding of Peak Demand reduction
- Experience with building commissioning and retro-commissioning
- Registration as a Professional Engineer, Engineer-in-Training, and/or Certified Energy Manager.
- BPI, HERS, and/or CEPE certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 years of related experience including at least 3 years’ experience in clean energy industry
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred??????
CSE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Energy, Environment & Plant Engineering
Center for Sustainable Energy
9325 Sky Park Court
San Diego CA 92123
Apply for this job