REALTIME PROGRAM INSTRUCTOR
RAUF , P.E., C.E.M., MBA, most recently served as a senior
staff engineer at PPG Industries, Inc. He brings to this program
hands-on experience in a broad spectrum of areas within large
industrial plant engineering and plant maintenance departments,
including electrical, controls, energy and mechanical projects.
Mr. Rauf has also served as adjunct professor at Gardner-Webb
University since 1989, where he has instructed classes in both
the B.A. and M.B.A. programs. His teaching experience also includes
conducting professional development courses at the University
of North Carolina at Charlotte. He holds a process controls-related
online in a series of two live three-hour and one live 2-hour time
modules, this course caters to engineers, technicians and facilities managers who are not intimately familiar with mechanical engineering principles and practices. Through this course, attendees are expected to learn basic principles of mechanical engineering in a simple, easy to understand, format.
can participate in the seminar from your office, home, or anywhere
you have access to the internet and a phone or VOIP. You'll have
opportunities to interact with your instructor and colleagues in
real time during the live teleconferencing sessions, as well as
in the time between sessions.
This course will enable attendees to accomplish straightforward and common calculations associated mechanical engineering concepts such as statics, kinetics, kinematics, materials, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, hydraulic machines, thermodynamics, refrigeration cycle, financial evaluation and decision making associated with typical engineering projects. Most concepts are presented in basic and easy to understand terms, coupled with analogies participants can relate to. Mechanical engineering concepts are illustrated by practical numerical problems and case studies.
view a detailed course agenda, Click Here.
FEES (per participant):
$895, regular / $845, AEE member, non-profit org.
NOTE: Seminar fees listed are per person for a single audio and
video connection for individual use, and may not be shared with
other users. All participants must individually pre-register for
the desired course in order to participate. If you would like pricing
information on multiple registrations for the same seminar, please
contact: Terese Lavallee, phone 770-925-9633, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
more details about seminar registration terms, what to
do if you miss a session, and AEE's cancellation, substitution or
transfer policy CLICK HERE.
DATES AND TIMES
following offering(s) of the Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals for Non-Mechanical Engineers are currently scheduled.
The program consists of two three-hour and one two-hour teleconferencing
sessions, for a total of 8 hours of instruction.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Those who will benefit from this program include:
- Licensed Professional Engineers, who need to meet the annual or biennial license renewal PDH (Professional Development Hour) or CEU (Continuing Education Units) requirements.
- Engineers and Architects who do not possess current working knowledge of mechanical engineering and are interested in broadening their engineering knowledge base through basic cross-training.
- Facility Managers, Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance Managers, Engineering Managers, Program/Project Managers and other professionals in leadership role who sense a lack of current and adequate mechanical engineering knowledge to hold meaningful technical discussions and to make informed decisions when interacting with their mechanical engineering direct reports or colleagues.
- Non-engineers, including technical writers responsible for developing operations and maintenance manuals for mechanical, civil and HVAC systems.
- Procurement/purchasing professionals who are responsible for acquisition of mechanical, civil and HVAC systems.
- Energy Managers and Construction Managers
- Other professionals whose annual PLP, Performance and Learning Program, includes engineering/technical courses/seminars/workshops.